It’s the last day of the month so it’s time to share the tunes that I were into!
This month saw me driving alone for the first time so of course I had around an hour of alone time in the car at least three days a week. Which means most of the songs here are the ones played on the radio so a lot of EDM, which honestly I don’t really listen to slash seek out? But since listening to the radio calms me down while driving (I AM VERY PANICKY BUT THEN AGAIN, DUH, I AM AN ANXIOUS PERSON), I chose to tune in to the station that plays current pop songs. I end up belting and singing along too much when I tune in to the ~oldies~ station that I get distracted from driving? Maybe I can finally tune in to the classics when I become better at driving. Hehe. (In other news, I over-reversed last night and banged my car on a wall. Damn.)
Anyway, here it is!
Even though LANY just released their debut album today, it has a lot of LANY tracks because I LOVE LANY AND I’M SO HAPPY THAT WE HAVE NEW SONGS!!! And of course I also love Mating Ritual and he finally released his debut album so YAAAAAAAS HE’S HERE DEF.
I practically put all of the songs Justin Bieber and Demi Lovato are featured on this playlist. And ugh, Selena Gomez with Bad Liar, I tried so hard to resist it but it’s so addicting! Anyway, favorite discovery is Daniel Caesar’s Get You featuring Kali Uchis, all thanks to Sarah. And Lou Lou by Albin Lee Meldau care of Dawn.
Sadly, no Bleachers because I gave up halfway with the album. It just wasn’t clicking with me. Maybe next month I’ll try listening to it again and maybe I’ll end up liking it better?
Hope you enjoy! And do share songs you think I should listen to!
It’s the last day of May and I thought I’d share my monthly playlists from now on!
This one has 26 songs in it and is mostly composed of new releases from artists I already follow (San Cisco, Harry Styles, Miley Cyrus, Ed Sheeran) and new discoveries (Wolfie: I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO WOLFIE FOREVER AND EVER, DEFINITELY A NEW FAVE).
I didn’t plan it but the general vibe of this playlist seems to be a MOMOL/make out one. I only realized it last Saturday when my friend Sarah was at my apartment and she was taking a bath while I was cooking and this mix was playing. I suddenly felt awkward having someone listening to the mix with me because it felt like there was a ~mood~ I was perpetuating??? HAHAHA Putting Wolfie in there definitely skewed the playlist in that direction because THAT VIBE!!!!! But then again, any playlist with The Weeknd on it feels like it’s for make out sessions, right? Hahaha!
Of course there are exceptions such as 7 Things and Malibu by Miley Cyrus (ended up revisiting some of my faves from hers after the release of Malibu) and the Kendrick Lamar tracks, although I can even argue that the Kendrick Lamar ones definitely fit with the mood. Haha!
Hope you enjoy this one!
P.S. Since I wasn’t able to share my playlists for the other months, I’m gonna include them here now too! Continue reading “My May 2017 Earworms AKA An Unintended MOMOL Playlist”
1. Madness, Muse
2. Numb, Usher
3. Coffee, Copeland
4. Please Forgive Me, David Gray
5. Good Souls, Starsailor
6. Brick, Ben Folds Five
7. Too Close, Alex Clare
8. It’s Time, Imagine Dragons
9. 바람은 어둡고, No Reply
10. Come Pick Me Up, Ryan Adams
Thank you to Trugen Blog!
1. Good Morning (Pink Ganter Remix) – William Fitzsimmons
2. Prototype – Andre 3000
3. Better Times – Beach House
4. Looks Just Like the Sun – Broken Social Scene
5. Guaranteed – Eddie Vedder
6. Sea of Love – Cat Power
7. Passion Play – William Fitzsimmons
8. Mayfield – Civil Civic
9. I Would Like to Call it Beauty – Corrine Bailey Rae
10. Opus 23 – Dustin O’Halloran
credits to Trugen Blog
1. Alligator – Grizzly Bear
2. Swimmers – Broken Social Scene
3. Don’t Give Up – The Whitest Boy Alive
4. Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
5. Unless You Speak From Your Heart – Porcelain Raft
6. Said So What – French Kicks
7. Aruarian Dance – Nujabes
8. Love is a verb – John Mayer
9. Keep Breathing – Ingrid Michaelson
10. I Don’t Feel it Anymore – William Fitzsimmons & Priscilla Ahn
11. You Always Hurt the Ones You Love – Ryan Gosling
From Trugen 😀
Once again, thanks to Trugen for this. I love their monthly playlists and the images accompanying it!
1. Open – Rhye
2. Master’s Hand – Charlotte Gaingsbourg
3. Sun’s Gonna Rise – Citizen Cope
4. Alive in 85 – Broken Social Scene
5. Sunrise Sunset – We Are Trees
6.Fever Dream – Iron & Wine
7. Never Know – Jack Johnson
8.Vultures – John Mayer
9. Fader – The Temper Trap
10. To Kingdom Come – Passion Pit
11. Love Always Remains – MGMT
12. Basic Space – The XX
13. Sky High – Free Tempo
14. Canto De Ossanha – Jurassic 5
Again, thanks to Trugen for this playlist. I can’t quite make a playlist yet or even try to. I’m doubting my ears. Heh. Anyway, enjoy!
1. Inside Me Sings a Lunatic – Sigur Rós
2. Run Overdrive – Civil Civic
3. Stars and Sons – Broken Social Scene
4. Sail Away – The Rapture
5. Over the World – French Kicks
6. My Only Swerving – El Ten Eleven
7. Burning – The Whitest Boy Alive
8. Failure (Alfie Remake) – Kings of Convenience
9. I Don’t Like It Like This – Radio Dept.
10. I Don’t Know – Beastie Boys
11. Knight Moves – Chilly Gonzales
For this one, I chose my own picture for this post. Image credits! Thanks, Google Images!