About Heather L. Reid
Heather L. Reid has always had a sense of wanderlust and a belief in the paranormal. She eats mayonnaise on her fries, loves video games, and getting lost in a good story. This native Texan now lives with her Scottish hubby in South Ayrshire, Scotland, where she spends her weekends wandering the moors in search of the ghost of William Wallace and exploring haunted castles.
THIRTEEN THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT HEATHER L. REID
1. I studied stage combat and can wield a broadsword, slash with a rapier and dagger, and fight with a quarterstaff.
2. I met my husband while playing an online video game called Star Wars Galaxies. He was living in Scotland and I was in Texas at the time.
3. The summer of my freshman year in college I earned money as an extra on the children’s television show Wishbone as well as Walker Texas Ranger.
4. I like mayonnaise on my fries.
5. Watching Ghost Hunters is one my guilty pleasures. Truth is I love all paranormal/horror shows, movies, books. Scare me, I dare you.
6. I’ve been swimming off the coast of Scotland where the water temperature averages 56 degrees in July. No, I was not wearing a wetsuit, but your body becomes numb after a few minutes. It was cold!!
7. Edinburgh is my favorite city in the world.
8. I prefer pajamas to party dresses.
9. I’m a Craigslist junkie. I love finding bargains and haggling over the price. In fact, I’m writing this while sitting in my favorite leather chair purchased specifically for my office last month. Craigslist, I swear by it.
10. I collect dragon figurines.
11. My new tea obsession is Coconut Chocolate Truffle. It actually tastes like chocolate. So good!
12. Stories about expeditions to Everest fascinate and terrify me. I’ve read Into Thin Air at least six times, watched documentaries, and read many articles. I would never want to climb it myself, but I love reading about why others choose to do so. Maybe I would go to basecamp one day, but that would be it.
13. My love and I got married in a Florida Courthouse two days after he proposed, again in a 14th century castle a year later, and completed the day with an ancient Celtic hand fasting ceremony. Let’s see him try to get away from me now!
Title: Pretty Dark Nothing (Pretty Dark Nothing #1)
Author: Heather L. Reid
Date of Publication: April 23, 2013
It’s been twenty three days since Quinn has slept for more than minutes at a time. Demons have invaded her dreams, stalking her, and whispering of her death. The lack of sleep and crippling fear are ruining her life. Energy drinks and caffeine pills don’t make a dent. When Quinn dozes off in the school hallway, Aaron, an amnesiac with a psychic ability, accidentally enters her nightmare. The demons are determined to keep them apart, and Aaron from discovering the secret locked away in his memory. Together, they could banish the darkness back to the underworld for good. That is, unless the demons kill them first.
Heather is giving away a copy of PRETTY DARK NOTHING! Open internationally. Good luck!
Thank you Heather for celebrating your debut year with us! Come back tomorrow here at Oops! I Read A Book Again as Emil Ostrovski visits us! Now, go on to Michelle’s blog for her feature on Christa Desir!
Are you a 2014 debut author? Are you interested in participating for Celebrating Debutantes 2014? Fill out this form!