I think the photos speak for themselves. Haha! But seriously. I’m not ready to admit yet but I think that the only reason I am watching his scene in the pilot episode of Royal Pains again and again is because of him and not because it’s the highlight of the episode. And I also think that he’s the reason I actually liked the pilot to hastily download the second…and the third episode. Oh no, this is gonna bite me in the butt when he stops appearing in Royal Pains. Haha! Anyway, the deets on this guy.
1. 19 years old
2. He’s the drummer of the band, Sons of an Illustrious Father, and they make some great music. He’s also classically trained as a singer and sang in an opera when he was six. (I feel so unaccomplished.) And, head over to the band’s site for some pictures.
3. He just might be the next or he is now the indie prince. What with his much acclaimed portrayal of a psychopathic teenager in the critically acclaimed We Need to Talk about Kevin and the list of his indie filmography.
4. He has portrayed confused or problematic or rebellious teenagers in his film and though some people are afraid he’s gonna get typecast, I believe in his career choices and I believe that if he’s so good at playing troubled kids, why the hell not?
5. He stars as Patrick in The Perks of Being a Wallflower with Emma Watson and Logan Lerman. Stoked!
6. There’s a lull in his voice where I just wanna drown in. ❤
But this is what cemented this obsession I have on him right now. Because in an interview HERE, he said this when asked why he loves movies:
“Movies are the furthest heightening we have come to as a species thus far of creating mirrored reflections of the unreal realities every individual lives in relation to the universe. It is the ultimate catharsis, to see it played out in the reflection. It is the ultimate joy. It can be the ultimate terror. It can be anything. It is the empty puddle of reflection that can harbour any image. That’s why I love movies.”
I was commenting on how deep this person is and what an old soul he is while reading the interview but when I read this last question and his answer, I just had to read MORE interviews of him and I admitted that he’s my current it boy. His band’s lyrics are so deep too that you can’t help but be bewildered that they’re almost just my age but they think those thoughts. Read the interview I linked and be amazed at his answers. I’ll be posting it soon but I read his interview with Nylon and they said he speaks precisely so and doesn’t use uhms and yeahs. Oh my, even JGL says a lot of uhms and yeahs. Haha! Sorry but can’t help but compare them since JGL also gives kickass interviews. Plus, I read that he reads quantum physics on his days-off and that’s coming from someone who dropped out of high school (truly proves that not finishing school doesn’t mean you’re not intelligent or something). How the hell does he understand that? (I mean I do understand it but I guess I’m just part of the majority who won’t read quantum physics if it’s not needed.) And he’s an activist I think and a general in-the-know-with-a-stance guy. Woah. My heart. I am just amazed and floored on how awesome this guys is.
(Sadly, I sometimes lose my crush on him because of some photos. I dunno, I guess I like clean-shaven Ezra more and not the unruly mane of glory he sports in recent times. Plus, his complexion I think has gotten worse I dunno why. But even with my normal no-no’s, he still has this hold in me I can’t explain. Maybe because I’ve already seen his Kevin stills and that devilish stare is just for the books. Btw, he lives nowhere as I think he’s touring with his band on their van. Still, my crush was cemented with that very deep movie quote and I am sticking with this fandom!)
Anyway, I’ve been blabbing so much so it’s time for a mini-picspam (since I’ve used a lot already)! Click under the cut for more (especially what I saw in Royal Pains that grabbed my attention)!
Continue reading “New Crush Alert: Ezra Miller”